What is the 80/20 rule?

We didn’t invent the 80/20 rule; however, we do believe in it – especially when it comes to content marketing!

The 80/20 Rule

Also referred to as the Pareto Principle, the law of the vital few, and the principle of factor sparsity – the 80/20 rule is based upon the premise that “80% of [total] output is a direct result of about 20% of [total] input”. Here are a few examples:

  • In 1906, Italian economist, Vilfredo Pareto observed that 80% of Italy’s land was controlled by 20% of its population.
  • Business consultant, Perry Marshall, explains roughly 80% of a businesses revenue can be traced back to about 20% of it’s customers.
  • Content marketing evangelist, Joe Pulizzi, advises marketers to focus on creating content that is 80% focused on helping people solve challenges, live better lives, or do better at work. The remaining 20% of your content marketing efforts can focus on your company and it’s products or services.

At 8020 Digital, we follow the Pareto Principle in everything we do. From developing a clear content strategy, to creating and distributing content, our focus is your customer. We’re help create content that your audience deems helpful, valuable, and useful!

Our Beliefs

We believe that content marketing is about putting the customer first.

We believe in creating a measurable return on investment for our clients.

We believe in continuously improving how we help our clients.

We believe that failing to plan is planning to fail.

We believe that you can have quality and quantity for a reasonable price.

We believe in honesty, integrity, and doing what is right from the beginning.