Picture this: you’ve created content for your business blog and its perfect! It positions you as thought-leader in your industry and it’s chock-full of helpful, relevant information that your target audience can use to improve their lives immediately. But you’re still not sure how to expand your reach, or where your Nobel Prize-winning content should be placed. Do you share blog content via your social media channels? How many content distribution channels should you maintain? What are the best B2B content distribution channels? Ack! Luckily, 8020 Digital Marketing has a thought-provoking answer.
What are the Best B2B Content Distribution Channels?
Determining the best content distribution channels for your business is tough. A distribution channel is a system through which your target audience is made aware of your products and services. The typical marketing agency will distribute content through default content distribution channels like company websites, business blogs, and social media sites. However, if your business sticks to mere traditional content distribution channels, you won’t stand out or make as much of an impact on your audience. We’ve compiled a list of nine unconventional B2B content distribution channels that offer brand expansion potential:
- YouTube: According to Econsultancy, “more than 100 hours of video are uploaded across 56 countries and in 16 languages” on YouTube every minute. Provide content via tutorials, reviews, and business-focused videos to engage your audience. At the very least, use B2B explainer videos to explain what your organization does and how your product or service improves your customers’ lives.
- Instagram: Whaaat … ?! Instagram for B2B? No way? Yes … way. You can easily recruit leads to your brand using the social simplicity of Instagram. Every business has a personality. Provide some insight on your awesome culture and show the world that you’re human. Here are a few easy tips anyone can follow to get started!
- Tumblr: See above. Whaaat … ?! Tumblr for B2B? Try out this rapidly growing blog-slash-social-media site for its visual storytelling capabilities.
- Podcasts: Your audience doesn’t just get their digital marketing content from computers. And while everyone’s “idle speed” may vary, everyone listens when they’re idle. Podcasts are a great way to create content in-house and involve your community.
- Apps: Audience members who use smartphones are always looking for fresh new ways to streamline productivity and connect directly with their favorite brands. The purpose of an app is to create an enjoyable, efficient, convenient user experience. There are plenty of ways to leverage B2B apps in your marketing. Stay tuned as 8020 Digital Marketing will release its app very shortly (if you’re looking for examples)!
- Email Campaigns: Email engagement is still one of the best platforms for reaching a target audience with highly personalized messages and content (business blogs, ebooks, reports, embedded videos, fact sheets, etc.). The amount of targeted content you can deliver in an email is virtually endless.
- Guest Blogging: Guest blogging can provide your organization with an opportunity to reach a new audience with fresh perspectives, increased traffic, and brand credibility! Just make sure you know how to avoid the duplicate content challenge when it comes to search engine optimization (SEO) best practices.
- Community Publishing: Take advantage of the available platforms for sponsored content, such as LinkedIn and Quora, to build your community even more. These are great resources for content marketers. Enough said.
- Third-Party, Partner, and Offline Publishing: You can create content specifically for third-party publishers like SlideShare and Vimeo to break into partner publishing. And don’t forget your audience members who prefer their content in print! Whaaat … ?! That’s right. And you can even re-use your digital content in print media without getting penalized by Google. Not a bad strategy.
So, what are the best B2B content distribution channels? The answer ultimately boils down to finding your target audience where they are … in their preferred digital environment. No corporation or small business will tackle each and every one of these channels. In fact, that’s not the point. Reaching beyond your traditional business blog, website, social media audience is not about latching onto a channel just because it’s new, trendy, or unique. It’s about selecting the right channels based on where your target audience can be found. Research your audience’s demographics and behaviors before deciding which marketing channels are right for you.
Whether you already have a content marketing strategy that isn’t working or would like to build one from the ground up, we’re here to help! 8020 Digital Marketing is a professional content marketing agency with over 10 years of business blogging, content strategy, and content creation experience. Contact us to request a free consultation and evaluation of your current content marketing efforts! We’ll develop a sustainable, manageable approach to content marketing that works for you and helps your business remain competitive.